56. It all started when I opened a glitter bomb during my 9am lecture. An hour later, I found my dead boy/girlfriend’s body in the middle of the quad.
57. Your best friend passes away and is assigned as your guardian angel. One problem: they’re terrible at their job.
58. “If I start leaking blood from my eyeballs, I am going to come back and haunt you so hard.”
59. To say the wedding didn’t go as planned was the understatement of the century.”
51. He stared at the bodies on the ground, at the girl covered in blood. Her eyes narrowed as she stood up. “Your late,” she said.
52. Be a veterinarian for the dragons, he said. That’ll be fun, he said.
53. Use the lyrics of a song as the basis of a short story.
54. “You know we’re not all born with the ability to throw fireballs, right?”
46. Who would you rather have as a friend: one of Santa’s elves or a snowman that magically came to life? Explain your choice.
47. Use this sentence somewhere in your story: “Velma figured if her plan went to hell, she could probably hop over to the next dimension and be all right”
48. Today, there are more and more reality shows on television. Do these shows make good television? Why or why not? Explain your answer using specific reasons and examples.
49. Use the following dialogue: “What’s our exit strategy?” “Our what?” “Oh my god, we’re all going to die!”
41. A doctor puts his hand on his patient’s arm and says, “You or the baby will survive. Not both. I’m sorry.”
42. He turned the key in the lock and opened the door. To his horror, he saw…
43. We’ve seen cute and cuddly dragons, mean and vicious dragons, and noble dragons. Write a story about a different kind of dragon.
44. Create a short story that is 26 sentences long, each sentence beginning with the next letter of the alphabet.
36. Have you ever traveled to a place that you found very meaningful and rewarding? Write an essay that persuades others to visit this important place.
37. Some companies offer a paternity leave that allows fathers to stay home with their newborns for several weeks while still earning partial pay and benefits. Do you think this is a good policy? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
38. What rites of passage have you participated in?
39. What if only high school students could vote in presidential elections? How would that change political campaigns and life after the election?
31. There is a magic talisman that allows its keeper to read minds. It falls into the hands of a young politician…
32. Turn ordinary animals into monsters that prey on humans: dog-sized rats, killer rabbits, or a pack of rabid mountain lions. Give the animals intelligence and set them loose.
33. You get a set of minions for a week (yes, from Despicable Me!): what will you do with them?
34. Write a story in which a broken coffee maker has a huge impact on the world.
Voici quelques liens pour vous aider à faire le tri:
if you’ve read or seen Twilight, please take 5 minutes to answer this online survey (in French)!
The same survey now exists in English! 🙂
The sixth edition of the Magritte Awords took place at the beginning of this month to reward the best productions. Amond the nominees there were I’m dead but I have friends by Guillaume and Stephan Malandrin or Melody by Bernard Bellefroid. But the winner is decidedly The new testament by Jaco Van Dormael. He won in fact no less than four trophies, including the best film, the best director and the best scenario. Jaco dedicated his trophy to Benoit Poelvoorde who plays Gods role in the film. He said : “He did a foolish work for this film and gave a lot of himslef. He gave unlimited. I would have liked him to be awarded even if he doen’t care.”
A little summary of the film if you miss out on it :
“God exists. He lives in Bruxelles. He’s a bastard. He’s odious with his wife and his daughter. His son was talked about a lot but not too much his daughter. My name is Ea and I’m ten. To get revenge I tossed off the deaths dates of everyone on the Internet…”
You can read the whole article on this website.
26. You receive an invitation in the mail one day requesting your presence at a “Cadaver concert.” You have no idea what this means or who sent the invitation. However, as a mortician, you are intrigued. You show up at the appointed place at the designated time. What do you find?
27. You’re playing a video game called Wizards & Warriors when, suddenly, lighten strikes the house, scaring you and causing you to black out. When you wake up, you’re trapped inside the game. The only items you have is a sword, a backpack and a note attached to your shirt that reads, “Beat me and I’ll send you home.”
28. To avert a horrific interstellar war, the Time Lords ask the Doctor to travel back in time to stop a crucial moment in the life of an infamous figure: a young Jedi Knight named Anakin Skywalker.
29. It’s the last day of school and you’re clearing out your locker when your best friend runs up to you out of breath. “You have to come with me right now,” your friend says. “It’s a matter of life and death.” So you rush with your friend to the cafeteria, only to find several of your classmates have been turned into zombies. What they don’t know is that, you are secretly a superhero who kills zombies. Write this scene