21. Your boss is slowly beginning to exhibits symptoms of being a Disney villain.
22. Authors can now be sued by their own characters for things that happened to them in their stories. According to you, what character would sue? Why?
23. You are flipping through the channels on TV one Saturday, waiting for your pizza to be delivered. On the coffee table sits an open can of soda. You don’t remember getting the soda, but you live alone and haven’t had anyone over recently, so it must be yours. You take a sip as the doorbell rings. You open the door and as instead of saying “Hello,” a croak come out of your mouth instead. Finish the scene.
24. One day as you were cleaning you noticed air being sucked towards the base of wall near the cupboard. Perplexed you went closer to investigate. The air was going in, slightly yet in. You hold your breath and gingerly peel away at the wallpaper until a huge wrought iron door stands before you. Where does it lead? Did you imagine this? What happens next?
Metal Gear is a series of video games developed and published by Konami under the direction of creator Hideo Kojima, appeared in 1987 with Metal Gear. The series, which launched the genre infiltration, is recognized internationally by critics and players community and has more than 33 million games sold.
17 November, 2015 /
Posted By Laura McClure
What can you write in 10 minutes or less? Let’s find out! For a quick creative writing exercise, try one of the 21 writing prompts below, excerpted from Chronicle Books’ 642 Tiny Things to Write About. Each prompt was created by a writing teacher at the San Francisco Writers Grotto to be done in 10 minutes or less. For a bigger creative challenge, do one writing prompt a day for 21 days.
Write a eulogy for a sandwich, to be delivered while eating it.
Write the ad for an expensive new drug that improves bad posture. Now, list the possible side effects.
Think about your day so far (even if it’s still morning). What’s the highlight at this point?
Write the first communication sent back to Earth after humans land on Mars.
Finish this sentence: The smell of an orange reminds me of….
A genie grants you three tiny wishes. What are they?
It’s 1849, and you’re headed West along the Oregon Trail. Describe the safety features of your state-of-the-art covered wagon.
Write the passenger safety instructions card for a time-travel machine.
An undercover spy is about to impersonate you in all aspects of your life. Write instructions.
Write your life story in five sentences.
It’s 2018. Where did you last see your jetpack on Saturday?
Which is the oldest tree in your neighborhood, and what has it seen?
At a banquet in Kazakhstan, you are greeted as a guest of honor and served the traditional sheep’s eyeball. Respectfully, you decline. You are then offered the sheep’s tongue, instead. What’s your excuse this time?
Fill in the blank and keep going. “I really ought to eat more_____.”
Aloha! You’re a lost tourist on a locals-only beach in Hawaii. Talk your way out of a night mugging, using only surfer slang and sea turtle metaphors.
Find a photo and write what’s not in the picture.
As a talking Chihuahua, what would you tell your humans about the new crying baby who now lives with you?
Pick a place you’ve never been to. Explain why you are moving there.
What piece of advice do you most often give and least often follow?
If you were given one extra hour today and you weren’t allowed to use it for anything you’d normally do (e.g.; eat, sleep, etc.), what would you do with that hour?
How’s it going? Write the honest answer.
L3 InfoCom – class 8 – audio documents
16. You and your significant other have decided to vacation by the beach for a weekend. It’s your first day and you hurry to the ocean, ready to relax. Once you get to the beach, you find that the ocean is full of crabs. There seem to be more crabs than actual water! You marvel at this phenomenon and turn, only to find that your significant other is running towards the water and beginning to morph into a crab! How do you respond?
17. You wake up one morning and find that you aren’t in your bed; you aren’t even in your room. You’re in the middle of a giant maze. A sign is hanging from the ivy: “You have one hour. Don’t touch the walls.” Finish the scene.
18. You are exploring with a friend when you stumble upon an abandoned amusement park. You eagerly start to approach it, but as you get closer, the lights suddenly come on and the rides start to move. Do you keep going to find out what’s happening or do you run away as fast as you can?
19. The year is 1491 and you are a famous world explorer. You set out to sail around the globe, but your crew is apprehensive about sailing around the Bermuda triangle. You dismiss their superstitions and demand to hold course. Sure enough, as you approach the Triangle you get caught in a horrible storm. What happens next?
11. Maya Angelou said “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way s/he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” Tell a story in which a character has to deal with one, two, or all three of these scenarios. How does your character respond?
12. If you only had one window to look out of for the next six months, what would you want to see on the other side? Describe the view. How would it change?
13. “Did she actually just say that?” Write a scene that includes this line.
14. What if your pet could only talk to you at midnight for an hour?
The answers to all your questions about the CLES can be found on that page!
A few more possible topics:
6. Imagine a world where sharks swim in the forest and somehow you find yourself lost in the woods.
7. If you were forced to spend the rest of your life in a library, a museum or a zoo, which would it be and why?
8. “I was so mortified, I wanted to crawl in a hole!” Write a short narrative (fiction or nonfiction) where this is your first sentence.
9. “When I stepped outside, the whole world smelled like…” Write a scene that starts with that line.